Our favorite holistic health coach, Katie Bressack is helping us plan for the new year in advance! Today she’s sharing her tips for setting healthy intentions, a recipe for a simple salad, and 6 quick & easy ways to reach your health goals!
Have you set New Year’s goals with every intention on reaching them but haven’t been able to?
1. Create a vision.When you’re setting intentions for the new year, think about just one overall goal. Is it losing weight, eating healthier, doing more yoga? Now think of all the mini steps it would take to create this lifestyle change. These are all of your goals for the new year. If you’re trying to eat healthier, a few mini steps would include a kitchen cabinet cleanse, reading and understanding different types of information on nutrition labels (google one per day!), or cooking once a week. Have fun with this first part!
2. Support. Tell at least one person what your goal is and ask if they’ll check in with you every few weeks to see how your intention is going. You can also ask this person to be your health buddy and set up times to do yoga or cook together.
3. Dates. Remember that creating a healthier lifestyle takes time. When you’re writing your mini goals, write down a date to strive for.
4. Schedule YOU time. Don’t forget about you. If you’re already super busy and think you won’t have time to make any new intentions, lets first look at your calendar. Is there something you’re currently doing that you’re no longer excited about? How about trying something new instead of doing an activity that isn’t true to you. (Cut out some social media, perhaps?) Try moving some things around on your calendar to create time for what you want to achieve in the new year. Don’t forget this is all about YOU, and make sure you have at least five minutes a day for yourself for some sacred time.
5. Have fun (and write your vision down)! The key to reaching your goals is to set some fun intentions. Think about what you’d really love your year to look like. Will you be laughing more, smiling more and just enjoying life more? Write down what you imagine.
6. Let go. Let go of expectations you might have for your intentions. The more pressure you put on yourself, the less rewarding they’ll be. Just like in yoga, the art of letting go will help you have fun with your intentions as you start your new year.
Try a new healthy recipe!
Right after the holidays is the perfect time to cleanse the body. The more greens you consume, the more energized, grounded and cleansed you’ll be. Try this recipe – feel free to add your favorite veggies on top of the greens!
Simple Delish Recipe: Super Simple Salad
1. Take a handful of your favorite greens and place them into a strainer, wash and dry them.
2. Cut up the avocado. You can use half or whole, up to you!
3. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
4. For the dressing, grab a small bowl. Juice the lemon on top of the tahini and mix.
5. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and enjoy!
For more healthy tips, schedule your free health session today by emailing Katie at email@example.com!