As we slide into a new season, Green Yogi and nutrition and wellness counselor Katie Bressack is sharing a few healthy-living tips. Enjoy!
12 Tips To Change Your Body From The Inside Out
1. Eat real chocolate (raw cacao) to help increase your energy levels, balance your mood and reduce your sugar cravings.
2. Balance your belly by adding fermented foods like kimchee, kombucha, sauerkraut and bone broth to your diet.
3. Drink more water! Yes, you hear this all of the time, but how much water are you really drinking during the day? Spice it up and add fresh fruit and chia seeds to help you enjoy it more.
4. Toss the sweets! Sugar is in everything (including breads and pasta) and is only causing you to feel tired and slowing you down.
5. Chew your food! Try and slow down and take smaller bites during each and every meal so you can understand how your food is nourishing your body.
6. Try dry brushing. This helps improve circulation and I suggest doing it before you take a shower.
7. Add hemp powder to your morning smoothies for some extra protein.
8. Add cinnamon to your oatmeal and smoothies to help balance your sugar levels.
9. Add wheatgrass to your juices and smoothies or take a wheatgrass shot! It helps to stimulate metabolism and helps to detox the liver.
10. Eat to decrease inflammation in the body by eating ginger, garlic, kale, sweet potatoes, celery, cucumbers, pineapple, almonds, sunflower seeds and flaxseeds.
11. Make a healthy trail mix with pumpkin seeds and cacao nibs for energy, gogi berries for iron and shredded coconut for some healthy fat.
12. In a journal write down everything you are eating and how you feel two hours later. Then schedule a time to speak with Katie to see how you can increase your energy levels, reduce your cravings and be prepared for The Green Yogi Challenge!
Feel free to contact Katie directly with any nutrition and wellness questions you have!